22/11/2009 | by admin
At 7pm on November 13, 2009
Victoria Theatre, San Francisco
Admission: $20 & $50 (VIP Green Wave)
Tickets on sale now at http://www.savethewaves.org/filmfestival – get them early as this can sell out!
Save The Waves Coalition presents Save The Waves Film Festival, an evening of inspiring environmental films and epic surf films, live music, an art exhibit and a party to benefit the ocean. Featuring Captain Paul Watson of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society presenting a talk about “The Cove” film and the Northern California premiere of “Lost Prophets” surf film.
Captain Paul Watson is the preeminent voice for our oceans and the world’s leading environmental activist. This film festival event is one night only, at 7pm on November 13 at the Victoria Theatre in San Francisco. With live music by The Eldorados and Jethro Jeremiah and an art exhibit by Travis Weller. Doors open at 7pm and films screen at 8pm sharp. Please arrive early for choice of seats.
Save The Waves Film Festival features these award-winning films:
- “The Cove” – winner of numerous international film festivals and described as “a certain Oscar nominee” by acclaimed film critic Roger Ebert.
- “Lost Prophets” – a new surf film with Dave Rastovich, Hans Hagen, Chris Del Moro & Reef Macintosh.
- “All Points South” – Best Short Film Award Winner, New York Surf Film Festival; this is a film by Save The Waves.
- “Devils Teeth” – a short film about diving with great white sharks at the Farallon Islands.
*Tickets are on sale now for this epic evening. Purchase tickets today at: http://www.savethewaves.org/filmfestival
$20 General Admission.
$50 VIP Green Wave Admission (includes reserved seating, 2 free drinks, STW membership, a T-shirt, and limited edition signed STWFF art poster)
$5 raffle tickets – for a chance to win a new surfboard, epic custom art by Travis Weller and Chivo, Jack Johnson signed CDs, clothing and more.
THIS EVENT IS 21 & OVER ONLY. NO ONE UNDER 21 WILL BE ADMITTED.
* Suds provided by New Belgium *** Fine wines provided by Longboard Vineyards *** Cocktails provided by Ocean Vodka *
* Complimentary snacks provided by Kashi